Little Red Tree International Poetry Prize
Little Red Tree Publishing is proud to announce the launch of the 8th International Poetry Prize, with a first prize of $1,500.
It is offered in response to demand for an opportunity to be associated with Little Red Tree by poets who have yet to develop a full collection. It is also an opportunity for Little Red Tree to extend its search and engage with quality poets from around the world who wish to be published.
The prizewinner with full biography, in a special collection called The Little Red Tree International Poetry Prize 2018 Anthology. The book will also include a wide selection of poetry from those submitted that did not make the final selection but were considered worthy of publication. Unless notified it is assumed that all poems submitted are available for non-exclusive publication in our annual Anthology. The Anthology will be published in 2019.
• All subjects and styles are accepted and can be of any length. However, we are of the opinion that it is the exception not the rule that a poem sustains interest over two pages or more.
• The competition is international and therefore open to anyone from any country, but the submission must be in English.
• Submissions must be postmarked (or emailed date of transmission) no later than October 31, 2018. Poems can be submitted online as a word document attachment to the contact page or email@example.com.
• Each poem should be typed on a separate page, in 12 point Times Roman or Arial, with a covering page containing name, contact information, poem title and its precise form (if traditional).
• Mailed hardcopy of poem(s) must include a self-addressed stamped postcard if acknowledgement of receipt is required. Manuscripts will be returned if a suitable SASE is supplied.
• Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, Little Red Tree Publishing should be notified immediately if a poem is accepted elsewhere. Previously published poems are not accepted.
• Poets can submit any number of poems for $5.00 each.
• Poets can pay online at http://xb6.a97.myftpupload.com (below), or via online PayPal invoice if email provided, or a mailed check to address below with submission or separately.
• If possible please add a current bio and photograph for use in the Anthology. A wide selection is made for the “notable selection” and this would save time in asking later.
Thank you for considering our poetry prize. I look forward to reading your submission.
2011: Ed Frankel – “Smiley Comes in From the Cold”
2012: Desmond Kon – “If Jeffrey Smart Painted James Joyce”
2013: Jendi Reiter – “After October Snow”
2014: Leland James – “Spirit Road”
2015: No Award
2016: No Award
International Poetry Prize
Little Red Tree Publishing, LLC
635 Ocean Avenue,
New London, CT 06320